Nitro Games focuses on the shooter genre on mobile and is looking for a Technical Artist to join the merry team in Kotka or Helsinki (or remotely), Finland. We are offering a chance to be on the front lines of mobile game development and to join an established studio of 15 years.
We are looking for self-driven people who are interested in bringing a full console and PC type of experience to mobile devices. Be it by working closely with the Art teams, setting up production pipelines or ensuring high-quality assets. Your day-to-day work will involve you solving problems with your colleagues in a way you see fit using your preferred tools. You can work remotely or come to the office, it is your choice.
We offer a great development culture with an emphasis on quality, self-improvement, regular tech debates and opportunities for taking more responsibility according to your preferences. These values can be seen in our day-to-day work in the forms of open communication, sharing of knowledge, supportive colleagues, paid learning time and dedicated support networks when you need help.
In this position, you will be required to adapt very quickly to an ever-changing technical landscape & project requirements, and have strong knowledge and experience in the gaming industry.
- Liaising between programmers, designers & artists in regards to executing the implementation of visual- or art-related challenges
- Researching and developing tools needed to execute projects and improve the team's production
- Setting up workflows & art pipelines in order to streamline the art implementation into the engine
- Creating & maintaining documentation on our asset pipeline
- Evaluating asset performance and developing best practices & standards
- Enforcing technical standards for art assets as outlined by leads & documentation
- Monitoring & improving the performance of the game
- Experience in game development
- Has worked on at least 1 released title
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D programs and packages
- Good understanding of 3D concepts such as modeling, texturing, rendering, shading, skinning, rigging, particle systems etc.
- Experience in using game engines & game engine workflows
- Strong understanding of render pipelines & game engines, with the capability of explaining it to others and assisting them if needed
- Strong problem-solving skills and mentality
- Eager to learn more and develop your skills
- Effective communication across verbal and written forms.
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process
- Love for games, including interest in free-to-play mobile games
Good to Have:
- Experience in the mobile game industry
- Experience in Unity or Unreal
- Experience in various languages (C#, C++, Python, etc.)
- Experience in other art-related fields (animation, environment art, VFX, etc.)