Nitro Games is looking for a GAME DESIGNER to join the merry team in Kotka or Helsinki, Finland. We are offering a chance to be on the front lines of mobile game development and to join an established studio with 15 years of experience. If you are innovative, highly motivated, and sharp, you’re our person!
- Create and lead the execution of game concepts that achieve both creative and commercial success in mobile F2P
- Work to improve systems, designs, and processes
- Write detailed design documents which contain the blueprint for the entire game’s design, gameplay, and interface
- Work closely with artists and programmers to create fun f2p core gameplay experiences
- Design deep game systems that tie the core gameplay into longer-lasting meta layers
- Take control of game economy design, adjust and balance it for long-lasting and fun gameplay
- Use in-game data to make decisions and improve the game
- Continuously learn and keep improving with ambitious and like-minded gaming professionals
- Commercial experience and proven success working on mobile F2P games, preferably both from operating a live game as well as developing a game from scratch
- Deep understanding of the current mobile gaming market, including economy models
- Strong social game design skills, and an understanding of the dynamics of competition and collaboration.
- Experience in creating and managing highly balanced game systems and economies
- Skills and passion to lead the game vision, willingness to have an open mind and adapt and iterate designs, but also steer and make decisions when needed
- A genuine interest in F2P and mobile games, as well as the wider world of gaming
- Strong interest and belief in a data-driven approach to support & validate intuition
- Experience with programming a plus
If you have any additional skill sets you feel would be valuable, please highlight them in your application.